Frequently Asked Questions
Children’s Room FAQ
At what age can a child get a library card?
- Children living in the East Meadow School District can get a library card at any age. You can apply for a library card at our circulation desk with the parent or caregiver’s library card and proof of address.
How can I sign up for programs?
- Patrons living in the East Meadow School District can register for all programs on our website using the events calendar. You will need your East Meadow Library card barcode number in order to register. Please sign up using your child’s library card. Each child registered must have a different library card number.
- All program registrations begin at 9:30 AM on the day listed on our website/newsletter.
- Due to space restrictions, only one caregiver per child can attend a program.
- Please register for the correct class based on your child’s age. Patrons registered for the wrong age class will be deleted.
- Please arrive no later than five minutes after the start of the program. Due to the popularity of our classes, if you are 5 minutes late you will risk forfeiting your spot.
What should I do if I’m on the wait list for a program?
- If you are on the waiting list and a spot opens up, you will get an email letting you know that you have been upgraded to registered.
What if I am unable to attend a program that I have registered for?
- Please contact us if you need to cancel a reservation you have for a program. You can call us at 516-794-2570 option 4, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Patrons who are registered for a program but do not show up more than two times without contacting us in advance will automatically be placed on the waiting list for future program registrations.