Streaming Video Resources
The popular on-demand video streaming service Kanopy is now available for free from the Library! East Meadow Public Library cardholders can sign up to start streaming films on demand instantly by visiting https://eastmeadow.kanopy.com/.
Kanopy showcases more than 30,000 titles, including award-winning documentaries, rare and hard-to-find titles, film festival favorites, indie and classic films, and world cinema with collections from Kino Lorber, Music Box Films, Samuel Goldwyn, The Orchard, The Great Courses, PBS and thousands of independent filmmakers.
Kanopy offers children’s programming with Kanopy Kids. Browse educational and engaging videos for children of all ages.
- Watch up to 8 films per month.
- Once you press play on a film, you have 3 days to view it as many times as you like without using another play credit.
- Once you have reached your quota of films, you will not be able to play any films until the new month starts when you will be given a fresh quota of 8 play credits again.
- Films can be streamed from any computer, television, mobile device or platform by downloading the Kanopy app for iOS, Android, AppleTV, Chromecast or Roku.
- Need help? Visit Kanopy’s Help Center.
The Library began offering access to digital magazines through RBdigital in 2017 and has expanded its subscription to include video on demand. East Meadow Public Library cardholders can visit https://eastmeadowny.rbdigital.com/ to sign up and access the entire collection. Here’s a brief description of the newly-added streaming video content:
Acorn TV: Access world-class mysteries, dramas, and comedies from Britain and beyond.
IndieFlix: A streaming movie service that offers access to pop culture favorites, box office hits, award-winning feature films, documentaries, and shorts.
Pongalo NovelaClub: Vea más de 10,000 episodios de sus telenovelas y series de televisión favoritas, además de películas de América Latina, España, y EE. UU., ¡100% en español y a la carta!
Stingray Qello: The world’s largest collection of full-length concerts and music documentaries streamed on-demand.
The Great Courses: Hundreds of courses spanning thousands of in-depth video lectures on subjects like Science, Health & Wellness, and much more.
Method Test Prep: Comprehensive, self-paced ACT and SAT test preparation.
Learn It Live: A social learning platform for wellness and personal development. Find and interact with top authors, experts, and teachers in live, online classes. Discover hundreds of expert-led programs covering topics on cooking, nutrition, child care, financial wellness, fitness, yoga, mindfulness, stress reduction, and much more!
- Access to each RBdigital video on demand resource is provided in 7-day licensing increments.
- When your license expires, return to RBdigital to checkout another. Your viewing history and preferences will be saved.
- Borrowers may checkout one RBdigital streaming license per 7 days.
- Content can be accessed using an RBdigital mobile app or your desktop/laptop computer. Mobile apps are available for iOS and Android.
- Acorn TV supports these additional devices. Be sure to checkout a 7-day access pass from the Library’s RBdigital collection first, then login to Acorn TV with your RBdigital username and password.
- Stingray Qello supports these streaming devices. Once you checkout a 7-day access pass, you’ll be asked to create a password for Qello. Use your RBdigital username (your email address) and this newly-created password to log into Qello apps.
- Need help? Visit RBdigital’s Help page.