Streaming Video Resources
Your East Meadow Public Library card gives you access to a number of video on demand resources from Hoopla, Kanopy, and OverDrive (accessible using the Libby app on mobile devices or from https://libbyapp.com). Find out more below.
The popular on-demand video streaming service Kanopy is now available for free from the Library! East Meadow Public Library cardholders can sign up to start streaming films on demand instantly by visiting https://eastmeadow.kanopy.com/.
Kanopy showcases more than 30,000 titles, including award-winning documentaries, rare and hard-to-find titles, film festival favorites, indie and classic films, and world cinema with collections from Kino Lorber, Music Box Films, Samuel Goldwyn, The Orchard, The Great Courses, PBS and thousands of independent filmmakers.
Kanopy offers children’s programming with Kanopy Kids. Browse educational and engaging videos for children of all ages.
- Watch up to 8 films per month.
- Once you press play on a film, you have 3 days to view it as many times as you like without using another play credit.
- Once you have reached your quota of films, you will not be able to play any films until the new month starts when you will be given a fresh quota of 8 play credits again.
- Films can be streamed from any computer, television, mobile device or platform by downloading the Kanopy app for iOS, Android, AppleTV, Chromecast or Roku.
- Need help? Visit Kanopy’s Help Center.
The resources below can be accessed using the OverDrive Libby app on mobile devices or via the web by visiting https://libbyapp.com. Look for them under the Libby Extras section. Here are brief descriptions of the available content:
IndieFlix: A streaming movie service that offers access to pop culture favorites, box office hits, award-winning feature films, documentaries, and shorts.
Qello Concerts by Stingray: The world’s largest collection of full-length concerts and music documentaries streamed on-demand.
The Great Courses: Hundreds of courses spanning thousands of in-depth video lectures on subjects like Science, Health & Wellness, and much more.
- Access to most OverDrive video on demand resource is provided in 7-day licensing increments.
- When your license expires, return to the Libby app or visit https://libbyapp.com to checkout another.
- Content can be accessed using the Libby mobile app or your desktop/laptop computer. The Libby app is available for Apple and Android devices.
- We’re sorry but AcornTV is no longer available.
- Need help? Visit OverDrive’s Libby Help page.