The Library has several Notary Publics on staff for your convenience. Please call (516) 794-2570 x500 beforehand to ensure availability at the time you intend to visit.
Please read the following before utilizing the Library’s Notary Public service:
- You must bring the complete document.
- Do not sign your document in advance. All documents must be signed in the presence of the Notary Public.
- You must bring a government-issued identification which must be photo bearing and current at the time of service.
- If you require a witness, you must bring your own.
- The fee is $1 per notarial signature.
- Due to the complex and sensitive nature of documents involving the execution of wills, we recommend any types of wills be notarized by an attorney or at the Office of the Nassau County Clerk, 240 Old Country Road, Mineola, NY 11501. Telephone: (516) 571-2664.